This kept me conscious while in a really long, boring meeting:
1. What time did you get up this morning? 6am so that I could take a 45 minute walk before work.
2. Diamonds or pearls? Diamonds – like the sparkle, feel guilty for the way they are harvested
3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema? Sex and the City, seen with like 30 women from work. So fun!
4. What are your favorite TV shows? Grey’s Anatomy, ‘Til Death (which has a scary depiction of our marriage), The Office, Scrubs, Sex and the City, John and Kate Plus Eight
5. What did you have for breakfast this morning? Protein shake, with V8 juice for a mid morning snack (I’m in phase 1 of the South Beach Diet)
6. What is your middle name? Lynnette. No, seriously, it is.
7. What is your favorite cuisine? Perhaps New Mexican, simply because of my limited access to it. But I enjoy Indian, Thai, and sushi
8. What foods do you dislike? There aren’t many, and that is my problem.
9. Favorite chips? Soy Chips
10. What is your favorite CD at the moment? Aren’t CDs passé? I listen to internet radio (Pandora.com) with the Frank Sinatra station
11. What kind of car do you drive? 2007 Toyota RAV-4 (i.e. my Mom car). And yes, I still miss my 2000 Trans Am Ram Air (sniff)
12. What is your favorite sandwich? Winter’s Best bread with ham, cheese, avocado, onion and green chili
13. What characteristics do you despise? Being deceptive or selfish.
14. What are your favorite clothes? Pajamas, shorts, jeans
15. If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation? I’ve been wanting a nice beach vacation for years… One with tropical blue waters, white sandy beaches… And after I get that, I’d like to go to the South of France and perhaps Spain. But I don’t envision taking Little Miss on a trip like that, nor do I want to leave her for that long, so Europe will have to wait.
16. What’s your favorite brand of clothing? I’m not really into brands. Right now, I’m enjoying my clothes from Banana Republic, J Jill, Anne Taylor and Talbots.
17. Where would you want to retire? I wouldn’t mind retiring in Reno or a place like Reno. I need access to the great outdoors as well as an established city with plenty of things to do.
18. Favorite time of day? Snuggle time with Little Miss right before she goes to sleep.
19. Where were you born? Nuevo Mexico. The new one, not the old one. Did anyone see the reference on the show Las Vegas to New Mexico? The character Samantha said, “not everything new is good. Look at New Mexico.” Ouch, that one stung.
20. What is your favorite sport to watch? Swimming. I know, I’m a freak. Can’t wait to watch Michael Phelps and Dara Torres in the Olympics!
21. Pepsi or Coke? Diet Coke
22. Beavers or ducks? Ducks (we’re rather partial to ducks in our household)
23. Are you a morning person or a night owl? I’d love to be a night owl, but motherhood prevents that.
24. Pedicure or manicure? Pedicure – manicures never last.
25. Any new and exciting news you’d like to share? Just heard the possibility of a business trip to Barcelona in the Fall (not holding my breath on that one).
26. What did you want to be when you were little? An exotic dancer. Really – I thought it meant a “fancy” dancer. Then I wanted to be a writer… A dream still unfulfilled.
27. What is your best childhood memory? Wow, just one? Well, I’d like to say Christmas mornings
28. Piercing? Just one in each ear.
29. Ever been to Africa ? NO
30. Ever been toilet papering? Ah, this was quite the pass-time in middle school and high school. I used to regularly TP and fork the lawn of my big crush, whom I later learned was the next door neighbor of my siter-in-law
31. Been in a car accident? Yes. I was the passenger in a car that was hit by a UPS truck. Now that was riveting!
32. Favorite Day of the week? Saturday
33. Favorite restaurant? Country Gourmet in the Bay Area. They have generous portions of delicious and healthy food, no corkage fees, and an entire play area for kids in the back room.
34. Favorite Flower? Hard to pick just one… I like red roses, as they make me think of my wedding, daisies, as they make me think of my Mom, and the Stargazer Lilly because they smell so darn good.
35. Favorite Ice Cream? Cake batter
36. Favorite fast food restaurant? QDoba
37. How many times did you fail your drivers test? 0
38. From whom did you get your last email? Crap, I receive hundreds of emails a day, so there is no such thing as a last email.
39. In which stores would you choose to max out your Credit card? None. I’ve never maxed out a credit card, and don’t plan on doing that. I’m just not that into shopping.
40. Bedtime? 11 ish usually
41. Last person you went to dinner with? JB – went to Rapscallion to celebrate his bday.
42. What are you listening to right now? Blah blah blah blah blah blah
43. What is your favorite color? Red
44. How many tattoos do you have? None. Never found a symbol I thought would last me a lifetime. Just can’t think of anything I’d want on my body when I’m eighty.